Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ahoy, Mates

Ready for another field trip with me and the kids?

Between thunderstorms, which seem to be ever-present lately, we headed downtown to the Portside area bright and early today. Our destination was The Sandpiper for a morning Maumee River cruise. Mayhem and I packed a picnic brunch of bagels, blueberry muffins, fruit salad and juice. We picked up coffee, then Buddy Bill, and arrived at the dock as the crew finished readying the boat. Grey skies threatened more rain.



The sun did come out, though, and we had a beautiful, two-hour cruise, up the Maumee and back. UP the Maumee means inland, not out toward the lake, in case you didn't know, since the river flows toward Lake Erie. Buddy Bill managed to photograph the elusive T-Townknitiot, along with her Absent-Minded Professor.


There was knitting on-board as well.


I took along the Dream In Color shrug to work on. Guess what? The First Mate, Mary, is a knitter! She and I sat and talked about knitting in between her telling us passengers about the sights we were seeing along the way... Like Toledo's High Level Bridge, also known as The Anthony Wayne Bridge.

Shortly after docking, the sky got black and the clouds opened up once again. We had our picnic. I had a relaxing morning. Being out on the water, on that boat, was the most relaxed I had been in ages. I've always been a water person, and today reminded me that I need to make that a part of my life.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giiiiiiiiiiiiiirrl! You look GREAT!!! :)

Saturday, June 28, 2008 at 8:27:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Summer break agrees with you, Miss Tanned, Rested and Ready!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 at 8:27:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sharon Blankenship said...

All right, already. Give us some new stuff. Ahoy my arse. Something must have happened since.

Nuts 4 weims@gmail.com

Thursday, July 3, 2008 at 12:03:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home