Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In The Knitting Bag

I thought today I would show you what's in my knitting bag. Well, heheheheh, what's in ONE knitting bag. This one. My very green Namaste Malibu knitting bag.


First up, there's a little monkeyin' around. Those are my very first pair of Monkey socks! I'm enjoying the pattern more than I thought I would. The yarn, Muddy Maumee, is one of our sock club yarns dyed by Sarah at Perfect Day Yarns. I'm really enjoying the yarn. And the bag? One of my Piddly bags from Jen and Wendy at Piddleloop on Etsy. (But you'll have to wait if you want one because everything is sold out right now.)


Next up are my lovely blue, nearly complete Right Twist socks. These are another sock club selection from my LYS. Check out the book Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd for this quick pattern. If you guessed that's another Piddleloop bag, you're right!


And look! More Piddleloop! Aren't the knitting skulls awesome? This bag was a custom order and is holding some yarn right now that is waiting to become socks. If I remember correctly, it's Austermann Step and two skeins of Claudia Handpainted.


What else is in the bag? Two notions bags with needles and stitch markers and chibis. One tub of Arbonne almond cream. Two books; one knitting (see above), one fiction. Sticky notes. A notebook. Three pens. A partial ball of kitchen cotton. Crochet hook.

There's a method to this madness. Really. The big bag holds the small bags. Anywhere I go, I have multiple projects to avoid boredom. At any place and time, if the big bag is too cumbersome, all I have to do is grab any one of the smaller bags and dash into where I am going. Ta-da! I'm ready to knit. It worked perfectly today while waiting to have blood drawn at the lab, and while waiting for the kids to come out of school.

Now, I really need to get moving and finish something!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a bag lady after my own heart.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 2:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I'm jealous of your Namaste bag... and the little bags are a great idea! I just use ziplocks but I'm thinking the fabric ones would be way cuter... hmmm...

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 9:41:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the bag and the contents! :)

Sunday, June 1, 2008 at 2:23:00 AM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Very nice, Karen! I love your logic, your organization AND all your piddlepoops!

Monday, June 2, 2008 at 6:35:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home