Monday, April 21, 2008

Waiting

I am waiting for new camera number two to charge. It seems I am supposed to face challenges in multiples this month; first with knitting College Kid's sock over and over, and now with my new camera.

Over the weekend, my new Nikon D40 was all put together and ready to go. Memory card inside? Check. Battery charged? Check. Lens properly attached? Check check. Click the button and... ERROR. "Press shutter release button to reset" Over and over. Not one single photo was accomplished on that camera. The manual told me that such an error message indicated the camera should be "sent to an authorized Nikon repair representative." Ummmmm, no. Not right out of the box.

After an exhausting day at school, I came home, carefully packed up the long-awaited for camera and went to exchange it. The salesman had to put it all back together and do everything I did, which resulted in his receiving the same error message.

Just like with the socks, I'm back to square one. I have to wait for the battery to charge before trying out the new, new camera.

And wouldn't you know it. Now it's almost dark outside.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Satisfaction delayed will be even sweeter. Or something like that.

I'm sorry technology decided to lay down on the job, Karen. I'm sure the new, new will be just fine and take terrific photos for years to come!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 7:02:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Renee said...

When you finally do get the camera charged, you will LOVE it! I have the D80 and it is the love of my life, seriously!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 1:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Dana said...

Patience is a virtue but sometimes virtuosity SUCKS!!

At least it didn't work for him either, that's always a drag when stuff doesn't act broken when it's supposed to.

Good luck!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 3:16:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home