Friday, May 16, 2008

Cell Phones and Washing Machines

Don't mix.

I'm just sayin'.

I had the misfortune of finding out the hard way that a very clean cell phone is not necessarily a good thing. A trip through the washer pretty much cleans out everything. Every phone number. Every photo. Having insurance on the cell phone is a very good thing. Waiting for a new phone to be shipped overnight after making the insurance claim is a drag. I didn't realize until this week how much I have come to rely on the storage of my cell phone for all my important numbers - doctors, pharmacy, travel, friends, family - I have very few backed up on paper anymore. It's going to take me some time to rebuild.

If you have my cell number in your phone, send me a text or call me so I can restore my phone list. Or email me. Please. (Becky, Sarah Lou, Other Karen, K2, Mary, Mom, Sibs...)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ejly said...

poor Karen. There may be help for you: check out Wikihowfor tips on drying out your phone; you may be able to at least get the data off of it. Also sometimes the store can acces the data and port it over - check that out. Good luck!

Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 2:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

I'm no expert on this, but if you're storing that info on the network rather than the card in the phone, it should be salvageable too.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 1:06:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home