Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Take Me Out To the Port A Pot

It's still softball season. At every ball field, a Port A Pot has been set up for the fans and players who just gotta go. At our home field, it happens to sit almost directly behind home plate. You'll see it in just a moment, since any photo I take of Mayhem batting or running home has that big, blasted, blue Port A Pot in the shot!
Hellllloooooo? Anybody in there?Batting the ball. C'mon batter, swing!

Mayhem is having a great time playing. I'm getting some knitting done. The log cabin afghan has grown by several logs since softball started. Buddy Bill has been gifted a second dishcloth, which has joined the first one adorning his fridge. *sigh* I do have to tell you though, none of the other parents are out there knitting. I haven't seen any knitters with the opposing teams, either. They look at me like I'm an alien, and I look at them and wonder, "what is wrong with you people that you don't knit or something while you're out here?!?!" The girls are getting the game, but there are times when we are literally watching the grass grow.


Running toward home... Run, Forrest, I mean Mayhem, Run!

Oh, sorry, I got off track there. Mayhem's team is now 6-2 if the tournament games are counted. Otherwise, her team is 3-0! She's happy and having fun and that's important. That fact that mom is freezing most of the time is totally irrelevant. Remember the moment, as a kid, when you knew you were going for ice cream after the game? Imagine 13 little girls all squealing with glee at the same time. We could bottle it and sell it to the government as a secret weapon.

And look. She scored another run. I'd get sentimental and weepy-eyed, but she would probably beat me up.





Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it wrong that I am already training the boys with anything that has a ball in hopes of one day having more time to knit at a game - of course I am telling other I am building fine and gross motor skills ;)

Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 7:28:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's awesome to watch our kids do so well, isn't it? Yay for being able to knit during the games.

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 12:52:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home