Friday, July 04, 2008

Friends and Fiber

This is why I am NOT buying any yarn in July. Seriously. Or anything else I don't need!

In June, my mail carrier was kept hopping. Dream In Color Classy arrived from The Loopy Ewe for another shrug. That's Beach Fog.


I'm loving the shrug I'm working on and I see myself making another one. My red one is about half done. See?


And then there's the yarn from Indie dyers from Etsy that arrived... My friends. People I know, and some I don't, but "do" through Ravelry and the blogosphere. I finally get to meet Melissa of Keegan Lane Yarns tomorrow! I bought her first yarn, and her 100th skein. She dyed that light blue sparkly yarn. Jeanne in Cleveland dyed the blue/white/bronze skein that stripes. Go check out Destination Yarn. The turquoise and brown is Dashing Dachs... the colorway is Weiner Dog. I bought the same skein for SarahLou to cheer her up. It worked. But maybe it was the George Washington false teeth magnet from Mount Vernon?? On the end is a skein of "Algae" from Sarah at Perfect Day Yarns. Sarah is so sweet in person! I just love her. (She just put new yarns in her shop, and I can't buy any!!!!)



My ninja skills were in top form when I scored my latest Piddleloop bag. This is "Groovy," my most favorite project bag from the dynamic duo, Jen and Wendy. There are a couple of bags in the shop still, but not like mine! hahahaha



Along with the tangible goods, there were plenty of meals out, and extra trips to Starbucks. I had a memorable lunch with The Divas, my two dear friends from work. We went to a little Italian place, which one insisted was a Greek place before we arrived, thus explaining why we all had trouble finding it. That was before the wine. Trattoria was the perfect place to relax, catch up, have some good food and wine, and laugh ourselves silly. I can't even tell you about after the wine.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger The Gadabout Knitter said...

Ooooh I love all the yarn! And your P-bag... totally awesome! (Is it a project bag or travel?)

Saturday, July 5, 2008 at 8:00:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you are having a good summer!!

Saturday, July 5, 2008 at 10:25:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Italian food and good friends - what could be better?

Saturday, July 5, 2008 at 10:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

What a fabulous haul, Karen! You should be set, fiber-wise, for some time.

Saturday, July 5, 2008 at 4:02:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the purchases. I never manage to snag a piddleloop bag. Guess my ninja skills are non-existent. lol

Sunday, July 6, 2008 at 9:39:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home