Sunday, September 07, 2008

Looking For Answers

I have a treat for you today. Bill answers questions about knitting - my knitting in particular!

There's a meme going around asking significant others to answer a short interview list of questions. Here's what my dear, Buddy Bill has to say about it all. Questions are in boldtype. My comments, if I have any (hehehehe) will be in italics.

What is your favorite thing about my knitting? I like the fact that it is a great stress reliever and helps clear your mind of the daily clutter we are bombarded with. Are you saying my mind is cluttered??

What is your least favorite thing about my knitting? Absolutely nothing. See how smart Bill is!

What is something I have knitted, that you recall as good? Scarf, sweater, socks, and some of the things you have made for others. See? Bill has even noticed that I knit for others! One dishcloth I knit for him is hanging on his fridge as artwork. Too pretty to use, he says. LOL

Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby? Every hobby has an investment but compared to golf? He totally gets it. But then again, he has only seen MY stash. hehehehe

Any hobbies? Preparing fine foods, wine, reading, and travel. Travel! We are putting together a 9-day tour of London and Paris for June 2009. All-inclusive: airfare, hotel, meals, tours. Wanna go?? It will be right after Bill and I get back from Washington DC with the 7th graders. LOL I have already found a yarn shop in Paris.

Do you have a stash of any kind? No. Don't let him fool you. Clocks. And the man has a serious things for pens and sticky notes!!

Have I ever embarrassed you, knitting in public? No. It's not the knitting that's embarrassing.

Do you know my favorite kind of yarn? Hand delivered Scottish yarn? aaaaaahhhh, yes. The beautiful gift of yarn that Bill brought me all the way from Scotland. He took a group of golfers to St. Andrews three years ago and brought me hand-dyed silk and cashmere yarn. He also went to Di Gilpin's shop to buy it. But mostly I knit with wools. I love Malabrigo and hand-dyed sock yarns.



Can you name another blog? No Bill does read many political blogs online.

Do you mind my wanting to stop at knit shops wherever we go? Not at all. This is really true! This past Saturday Bill sat at the LYS with me while I knitted and he joked with the other knitters.

Do you understand the importance of a swatch? Swatch is a brand of watch. I prefer Timex. Knowing the time is of some importance. Bill hates to be late for anything! I've since coached Bill on knitting swatches and their importance.

Do you read my blog? Always. Yes, he does.

Have you ever left a comment? Yes If you read the comments, you will find Bill leaves an occasional comment. Or kisses.

Do you think the house would be cleaner if I didn't knit? No. Sad but true. It's not that my house is so clean, it can't get any cleaner. I have two kids, two frogs, two very BIG dogs, and work full-time. If I want time to knit, something's gotta give. If you're coming to see my house instead of me, well, then we probably aren't real friends.

Anything you’d like to add? A great hobby, good for mind and soul, and produces something of lasting value. I love that you know the value of something made by hand, Luv, and all the care and love that goes into a handmade, knitted garment.

Thanks for being a good sport and playing along for the blog today!

XOXOXOXO

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger becky c. said...

Awww, so sweet. I think I threw up in my mouth just a little.

Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 9:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

I had my Hubby answer the meme and posted it on my blog.

What's your handle on Ravely?

Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 9:25:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! I love reading these memes.

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 1:41:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so totally a keeper!!

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 8:42:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, dude! I wish I was there to meet/knit with Bill. Also, your house (by which I mean your dogs) is AWESOME. :o)

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 6:18:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great meme - sounds like a wonderful guy!

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 9:24:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is the best. We loved having him visit Yarn Cravin' Sat.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 8:13:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home