Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sunday I Saw A Camel

Sunday afternoon, I was driving over to Buddy Bill's, and I nearly got into an accident because traffic was backed up for a camel. Yes, a camel. A real life, very large camel. Cars were stopped all over the place for people to get a look.
What, you may be asking, does a camel have to do with knitting?

I'm going to tell you. (You knew I was, right?)

That was December 14, and the camel was part of a living Nativity on the front lawn of a church that I pass on my way to work, my way to Buddy Bill's, my way to Costco... Anyway, it hit me. Only ten more days until Christmas Eve! Wow, I still had shopping to do. (I still do, but it's OK.)

I'm going to digress for a moment here. As far as living Nativities go, this was above and beyond. It has to be fairly simple to procure a couple of sheep, since, being in NW Ohio, we are located close to some pretty rural areas. Living Nativity scenes here include a sheep or two easily. But a camel? A living camel? People were petting the camel and touching it and taking photos. It really was amazing to see. Buddy Bill's comment when I sent him a text message about seeing the camel? "I'll take 2 bottles of whatever you've been drinking!"

Now, back to the knitting. I promised photos of the Ribs and Ruffles scarf I made for my mother. Because it was so simple, and fast, and because, like potato chips, you can't stop at one, I have also knitted another in the meantime. Oh, there's another reason. We're having a gift exchange at work tomorrow and I (silly me) thought it would make a great gift to swap. It's safe, since I know the one male counselor is not participating.

The dark scarf is for my mom. This pinky-red one goes into the gift exchange. Hopefully it will be loved.

Are you ready? Done knitting? Gifts wrapped?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger the secret knitter said...

Ready? Uh, no.

BTW, did you get my e-mail about potential knitting spots near UT? You're my go-to T-town info source.

Friday, December 19, 2008 at 9:53:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did just one project for Christmas this year, so I'm done! Love the scarves!

Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 8:37:00 AM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

Scarves are so pretty and I bet they are scrumptious soft as well. I am knitting my last little thing and then I am D - U - N done!

Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 9:59:00 AM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Love your scarves, Karen. And I am in no way done, so hopefully, the final giftee will wait a few days.

Merry Holidays and New Year!

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 6:28:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home