Friday, January 02, 2009

Where Did That Come From?!


I woke up this week from a cookie-induced hangover and found out New Year's Eve had passed and the New Year 2009 had arrived. While I don't mind the old year being gone, I at least would have liked to have had the opportunity to give it a nice firm kick on the arse as it was on it's way out. Instead of grousing about the missed opportunity (my son and I were both sound asleep well before midnight being the pansies that we are...), I will instead share with you some of the holiday highlights.


This is the favorite ornament on my tree; this angel made of pipecleaner and glitter and coffee filters. My son made it in pre-school, and I know it was made before he turned four. He got glasses when he was four. He looks so darned angelic, and everyone who knew him then, and now, knows he's not. He's kind and sensitive, but not so angelic. This ornament is one of my treasures.

There's the 12 year old, "angel" who is so dear to my heart. He waited patiently for his sister to sort all the presents on Christmas because she wanted it to have a "system" for opening.


They were ecstatic when they opened iPod shuffles from their dad.


We had to pack up and drive to Oma and Opa's to celebrate with aunts,uncles and cousins, and Navi Dog. Miss Mayhem looks happy about that gift.

Absent Minded Professor is hoping to not get caught wearing Rudi-Clause's hat! No toucha da hat!


Oma was so busy knitting socks for all the little guys that she didn't expect anything to be knitted for her. Enjoy that alpaca scarf, Oma.
One more trip for me yet, after all of that. I had to drive back to T-Town to celebrate with Bill and the College Boys. Bill gave me a gorgeous and thoughtful gift. Back in the fall Ibought a sterling silver bracelet that was hand made. I had wished for a matching necklace. Bill, all on his own, contacted the jewelry maker and arranged to have a necklace for me to match the chain maille bracelet. It even looks gorgeous with my p.j.'s!!


I was stunned by the gift; not just by the beauty of it, but by the thought that went into finding something meaningful and special. Bill found a creative gift, a gift that shows he pays attention. That's a gift of love.
Here's to lots of love and happiness in 2009.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger the secret knitter said...

Would the pipe cleaner industry have gone out of business by now if it weren't for school arts and crafts projects?

Friday, January 2, 2009 at 11:40:00 PM EST  
Blogger Buddy Bill said...

I am so happy I could find a Christmas gift that you enjoyed and found meaningful. I hope for us and everyone reading this, a more happy and prosperous New Year

Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 9:32:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, now that is thoughtful.

Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 10:56:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday! The necklace is gorgeous - what a nice gift!

Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 11:37:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year karen!!
i love the pictures of your happy family!

Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 12:23:00 PM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I love the "then and now" snapshot of your little "angels." And that necklace is absolutely awesome!

May the New Year bring loads of positive stuff for you and yours, Karen.

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 10:47:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Looks like you and your family had a wonderful holiday! Yeah for thoughtful gifts!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 1:15:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best in 2009!

Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 10:13:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home