Sunday, May 15, 2011

THANK YOU'S AND WINNERS!

I have always said that knitters, well, fiber folks really, are the most generous, good-hearted people on the planet. My faith in the goodness of the fiber community remains unshaken, and I have to thank all of you who helped with the fundraising efforts for my sister Ursula's Race For The Cure.

Ursula walked yesterday, May 14, and sent this message last night, via email:

"Yay, Yay, Yay!!!!! Back home with blisters and swollen knees, but I'm in great spirits. The race was AMAZING and thanks to you and those crazy knitters, we raised $785.00! Pass it on, please, with great big thanks! Love, Usch"

Yes, she said $785!!! Some of that came from family and friends, but a HUGE chunk of it came from you, fiber friends, and I love you all for it.

Now, on to the prizes. Each name went into a bowl, and names were drawn in order for the prizes.


Here we go:


The Chewy Spaghetti goes to: SarahLou!!


The Claudia Handpaint goes to: Becca in Chicago! (I know how to reach you)


The Stitch Markers made by SarahLou go to: Michelle (sigh) in Virginia!


One Skein of Yarn of your choice from Yarn Cravin' goes to: Karen Wabeke!! (yay!)


And the Wollemeise goes to...(drumroll): Dale Ann, owner of Yarn Cravin'!!



Thanks again for your help and generosity. Any money donated to breast cancer research really does go to help ALL of us.




Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dale Ann said...

Thanks Karen, I love your face.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 6:35:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home