Tuesday, November 30, 2010

One Step Forward...

You know that old saying, "One step forward, two steps back"? That pretty much sums up the progress around here right now.

Example: My shoulder surgery has been a great success, thanks in HUGE part to the diligence and hard work of my physical therapist, Isaac. I tease him that PT stands for Pain and Torture. But really, yesterday I had my 2-week post op appt. with the surgeon and Dr. E was thrilled with my progress. He told me I get an A+ for having full range of motion back so quickly. I obviously had help getting there. The doc did say very few people get to this point in two weeks, and even fewer get here with having *both* shoulders done. I'm thrilled. Really! I don't have pain anymore! Even better, I have full range of motion back.

Two steps back? My poor old dog, Bruno. He's battled some nasty intestinal bug that has had him just mortified, nearly dehydrated, leaving accidents in the house (really icky ones!), and he's been really lethargic. It's not like a Lab to not want to play. After lots of tests and labwork and $$$$ and meds for his tummy and intestines, we found out it was a bug and not some parasite or worms. But we also found out that Bruno's thyroid is very, very, very low. Like .4 low. 1.0-4.0 is normal, and the vet wants him in the 2.5 range. Now he's on thyroid meds twice a day.I'm going to have to get creative really soon about how to pay for his meds *and* my own meds!

Something will work out, right? Right? How do you say no to face like that? I rescued him when he was 8 weeks old!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger becky c. said...

How bout a Friends of Bruno bake sale?

Glad your surgery worked so well!!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 7:26:00 AM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Poor Bruno baby. And poor you. My Old Guy has developed IBD and now requires special (expensive!) food and meds. Like you, I have my own to deal with. But you love them like mad and do what you can.

Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 7:53:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home