Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kidnapped!

The past couple of days I've been gone, because I was kidnapped by two of my dear friends on short notice. The fact that I am back at my computer writing this entry shows that I have been safely returned, so there's no need to worry. :-) I was told to pack a change of clothes and my toothbrush and prepare for some fun. Of course, for me, that meant I had to pack some knitting and bring along a bottle of wine, too.

What we ended up doing was winding our way from T-Town a little ways north into Michigan, then west to a winery near Jackson. The Sandhill Crane Winery had free wine tastings, but was off the beaten path. We had a great chuckle because most of the signs for it were right beside the directional signs for the local middle school! Much of our wine tasting time was spent debating whether the kids skipped out to the winery or the teachers! hehehehe

After consulting the GPS (me!), we found our way back to the highway and next headed to Howell, MI for some outlet mall shopping. When we ran out of daylight, and stores, we checked into a hotel (after bargaining for a better rate on the room) and went in search of some dinner. Have you ever been to eat at Tomato Brothers? The food was good, but the bread sticks were amazing!

Morning found us on the road again (cue the Willie Nelson music here) and headed even further north toward Birch Run Outlets which are literally on the other side of the highway from Frankenmuth. We shopped, and ate, and shopped some more. And guess what, when we finally headed home, we had to stop in Ann Arbor to hit Whole Foods and Trader Joe's as well!

So what did I buy? I bought some jeans for Absent-Minded Professor, who is growing like a weed. Mayhem is the recipient of some sweats from the Gap. Bill gets a shirt from Woolrich... a soft plaid flannel. I found a wool sweater with sheep on it for me. (pic from the Woolrich website)AND, I treated myself to the most enormous carmel apple rolled in chopped nuts drizzled with chocolate. YUM

After all of that, and being in and out of the car more times than I could count, my shoulder was complaining quite loudly. I was more than ready to be home, but I was sure glad The Diva's kidnapped me. True, loyal friends are a blessing!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

True friends *are* a real blessing. Our lives would be empty without them.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 1:51:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home