Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Whoops!

Yesterday was nutty, so I completely missed blogging. I don't think I even touched my computer, to be honest. By the time I got home from getting my shoulder MRI last night it was after 10:00PM, so there you have it.

Some people were wondering about my job situation. Yes, I am job hunting. I found out in mid-August that I wouldn't be returning to my job of 16 years. Nice, huh? Right now there's nothing out there. The county where I live has over 10% unemployment rate. One job I applied for had over 200 applicants, and the committee is still reviewing the applications. I have applied for 12 jobs and not received a single call back. On the bright side (is there one???) - no rejection letters, either. Do people still send rejection letters?

Today I saw the orthopedic surgeon about my shoulder(s). We are putting off making any decision about surgery for one month, and he put cortisone injections in both shoulders. It's a toss up between frozen shoulder and rotator cuff tear, but probably both in the right shoulder.

I did manage to finish another sock, and start on sock #2 of the pair - socks for me! Yay!

Later today, maybe, I will dump the camera photos and update the Insanknitty blog so you can see what's new at Yarn Cravin' too. I haven't forgotten that I promised to show you photos and give info about the afghan square swap.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jeanne B. said...

Nope, they don't send rejection letters anymore. They don't send "thank you for applying" letters or phone calls of acknowledgment. It's really rather rude out there.

But do I really yearn for the old days? I had a college beau who posted every rejection letter on his wall. Still not sure why. He had about 40 of them posted. I think it depressed him.

Good luck with the job hunt. I'm so sorry they kept you on for 16 years then just let go. No fair!

--KnittyBanter Jeanne

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 9:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Liz said...

(((HUGS))). Karen, I am so sorry to hear about your job. I'll keep my fingers crossed that something serendipitous comes up soon.

Much love,
L

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 10:15:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home