Friday, November 20, 2009

Gratitude

The other day I wrote that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and with it coming up next week, I wanted to take the time to make note of some of the things I am thankful for. Really, I am blessed and can't list everything, but it's good to think about it, you know?

Friends – you know who you are. My friends are the people who boost me up every day. They are the ones who challenge me to become a better person. I have found I surround myself with people, who, like me, see the glass as half full, and it’s something delicious with which to raise our glasses and make a toast! One never knows what life will bring, and there’s no point in spending time with negative people who bring you down.

Love – I am so fortunate to have found my soul mate. Bill is my best friend and the love of my life! We finish each others’ sentences, reach the same conclusions at the same time, and sometimes even buy the same greeting cards. Some of our most wonderful evenings are those we spend sitting at home knitting and reading together and not saying a word. When we’re apart, I feel as though a part of me is missing.

Family – I am so blessed to still have my parents and siblings here with me, despite some serious illness scares the past couple of years. We are close, and we are silly, and when we are all together we can be scary and a bit intimidating to outsiders. LOL I know how lucky I am, and I give thanks every day for my crazy family… all the way down to my parents’ great-grandchildren. On top of that, I am going to be step-mom to two wonderful college boys whom I love dearly. They, along with Mayhem and Absent-Minded Professor, keep me laughing and fill my heart with joy.

And then there are the daily things… coffee, knitting, sunshine, snow, my mom’s cooking, knitting, a warm house, snoring dogs, good wine, a job that pays the bills, knitting, my local yarn shop, modern medicine, knitting… the list goes on and on. Did I mention knitting?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jen! said...

Thanksgiving rules!! And you rule! And I love your face! <3

Friday, November 20, 2009 at 5:28:00 PM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

You are most fortunate, Karen. It pays to reflect and hold these relationships dear.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 10:36:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home