Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bumpy Road Ahead

Have you been to T-Town lately? Make sure your seatbelt is fastened securely because the roads are bumpier than most. We don't even need speed bumps. That's true of the road of my life, too, right now but there is a smoother road up ahead, and it's coming very, very soon. 18 days or less from today, not that I'm counting.

Mayhem is playing softball, you know, and her team continues to be undefeated. Yay, team! A week ago today she hurt her knee at practice, and it's still hurting. She voluntarily missed a game, tried to play the next game (against doctor's orders - long story) and had to be taken out. Today we didn't even attempt practice. Rest and ice. Ice and rest. I see an x-ray in our future.

During games, I knit. During practices, I knit. Does anyone else? Nope. I'm like a knitting alien. No one even asks about the knitting, or expresses an interest. Not one person brings anything else; not a book, not bills to pay, no other crafts. There's not multi-tasking even during practices. I don't get it.

Here's my latest project close to completion: Thuja socks, from last year's sock club. The yarn is from Chewy Spaghetti, in a custom color for our shop. Yum. Yum. (Yes, I was knitting during a softball game! *gasp*)


Bill's boys are home for the summer from college. Look what the oldest brought with him! Everyone is trying to decide on a name because according to Mayhem, "Blackie is a stupid name." I vote for Kat. My first thought was how in the world are we going to introduce her to my dogs??


And just for fun, I was playing with my zoom lens and took these photos from my car (while parked) waiting for Absent-Minded Professor to come out of school the other day.



That new lens is going to be great fun in Washington, D.C.!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kelli said...

Ah TREE RATS!!

I've been finding myself without a portable knitting project lately. Two sweaters in progress and one shawl in progress, but I don't want to cast on something that isn't destined for State Fair. It's crazy.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 9:13:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I'm with you on the multitasking - I can't imagine ever sitting still. Although now if I"m sitting I"m nursing....

and yay for Mayhem's team - I hope her knee heals quickly!

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 7:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

She looks just like the cat of another online acquaintance whose name is, ironically, Mayhem. How about Dot because of that cute little spot on her chest?

Meanwhile, back at the knitting, your Chewy Spaghetti sock rocks!

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 7:11:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home