Monday, May 04, 2009

Spring Happenings

The crabapple trees are blooming here. My front yard has two trees, but some streets are lined with them, almost making a canopy of blooms as you drive down the road. A strong gust of wind sends the petals flying, making it look like snow. They're beautiful, and I had to share.



My entire weekend was spent sitting at softball fields. Mayhem had her Pre-Season Tournament. Friday night it was cold and rained off and on; her game wasn't until 7:00PM. Saturday she played at 2:00PM and it was sunny, but chilly. We all sat bundled in sweatshirts and blankets. Sunday morning, finally, it was warm. Why so many games? They kept winning!

Mayhem had a great weekend. She had several hits, and scored two runs this weekend. Here's a photo of her coming in to home plate. Score!

Mayhem's team won the Championship for this tournament. Regular season play starts this week.
And what do I do to stay sane at the games? I complete my UFO's! Look: My Monkey Socks from last year's sock club. ~blush~ Size 2 US needles. Yarn is Muddy Maumee (custom dyed) from Perfect Day Yarns for Yarn Cravin's Sock of The Month Club.

They have been worn and are warm and comfy. My sock skills are definitely improving, as these fit better than any socks I have made so far.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Hooray for Mayhem, Monkeys and supportive Moms!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 1:41:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home