Monday, April 20, 2009

Just Keep Swimming

Without boring you with all the details, I've finished the round of medical tests related to my migraines. The MRI showed I do indeed have a brain in my head. The brain even fills the entire space! I was allowed to see some of the scans after asking the technician, and they were pretty awesome. While the tests are done, I don't have answers yet. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

My Dad just celebrated his 75th birthday and I knew I would be seeing the youngest of my great-nieces and great-nephews at his party. A.J. is not quite 18 mos. old and I wanted to give him something special. I decided to whip up an Oliphaunt. Here's my version:




This is knit with Brown Sheep Bulky on size 8 1/2 U.S. needles. I started it Saturday evening and finished it in the car Sunday on the way to Dad's party. Bill and the kids loved watching it take shape. By the way, Bill was driving.

My children were lovely for Dad's party, and Absent-Minded Professor agreed to wear something other than his usual black or grey t-shirt. My Mom was so pleased to see how nice he looked. I was stunned to see how grown he suddenly looks!


This weekend, my LYS is having a knitting retreat. 40 of us, maybe a few more, are heading off-site, overnight, to knit and be silly together. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous, and we will be together from 9 AM Saturday until 5 PM Sunday. I am taking 3-4 WIP's that I want to finish and also my spinning wheel.

If it's cold where you are, or you need a little hit of spring, this is for you. I took this photo on the way out of my hometown Sunday, after my Dad's party. The kids and I stopped to show Bill one of our favorite places, Kingwood Center.
Pink daffodils. I think I have to look for some of these to plant in the fall.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ejly said...

Good luck with your MRI results friend. The Oliphant is adorable. If you don't already have enough to do, I'm sure you could sell those on Etsy!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 10:55:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Kelli said...

I suspect I used that same colorway for a scarf recently. lol

One step forward, right?

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 5:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gina said...

Love the oliphaunt, LOVE the weiner. Awesome pic of the kids.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 10:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Thank you for that touch of Spring. Can't seem to shake the gray skies - chilly rain combo here.

And yes, your son has taken on some of that big brother swagger.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 10:31:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Melissa (Meliabella) said...

Oh wow! Have fun at your retreat! That would be so much fun!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 11:04:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home