Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I still knit

There's photographic evidence that I still knit. I even have proof that I manage, from time to time, to finish something, too. (A little applause right now would be nice, people.)


Some recent projects for your perusal, if you wish to look...
After making two Ruffles and Ribs scarves out the Misti Alpaca for others, I had to have one for myself. Honestly, these are a lot like potato chips. You can't stop at one.

A popular pattern going around Yarn Cravin is this button band hat. Mine is knit from Socos, a chunky yarn in the Pumpkin Green colorway. Big needles were used - 11's and 13's. I have enough yarn to make matching mittens or mitts, but I'm battling with the thumb and have have knit mitt number one 4x now.

This is the start of my cabled wrap, a rectangular shawl. The pattern is by Plymouth. I'm using Plymouth Royal Llama Silk and size 7 needles. It's deliciously soft and I can't wait to wear it. Last night I discovered I made a mistake somewhere, so I will be going back a few rows to fix it. *sigh*





Here on my desk is the beginnings of the sock for January/February Sock of Month at Yarn Cravin'. This was dyed for us by Yarn Love and it's called Creme de Menthe. We're using the Herringbone Rib pattern from Knitting Socks With Handpainted Yarn.



Work is insanely busy. January was the 2nd snowiest on record here - 30.7" of snow fell, and it hasn't been melting. My children have kept me hopping and along with everything else, I decided I would help out my favorite LYS by taking over their blog. (It's fun, really!) All I can say is I'm having a whale of a winter!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger The Gadabout Knitter said...

*applause* Yay for finished objects!! :D

I love the color of your socks too!! So springtimey!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 8:05:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great projects! I for one am happy to see all the snow. :)

Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 1:29:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. Snow. Bleh.

Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 10:42:00 AM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Oooh that cable wrap is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 11:13:00 AM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

*Enthusiastic clapping!!!*

Love the red wrap. So yum. Take care of yourself and try not to overdo it, OK?

Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 5:56:00 PM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

I just love that whale tail.

Nice knittin' lady, keep it up!

Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 6:05:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great projects - all are very pretty!

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 2:46:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home