Friday, January 30, 2009

Last Sunday I Ran Away From Home

I ran away from home. For real.

Sunday morning, bright and early, I hopped into SarahLou's car with Mary and DaleAnn, and we drove to Chicago! We went to meet up with some knitter friends, and to swap a skein of yarn for Sarah so that she could make matching knee socks. (Her skeins were from different dye lots.)
Our destination was Dearborn Station, home of Loopy Yarns.
Once we found parking, we found our Friends of P and went to breakfast. Mary, DaleAnn, Erika and Becca.Erika, Becca, Kristy (way in back) and SarahLou.
I also made plans to meet my blogger friend Karen while I was in the Windy City. Thanks for joining us at Loopy!

Jen, Becca and Erika. Look how energized Jen is. She's always that way. Seriously. That blue striped sweater? That's Beth. Sorry Beth, for cutting you out of the photo.

FoP* Feet! Of course we all had our beautiful handknit socks.

*Friends of P

After an afternoon of knitting, cupcakes, side-splitting laughter, dinner at Bar Louie and a loooooong drive home, the Toledo bunch arrived back home at nearly midnight.

WOOF!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger sarah lou said...

FOP FEET! WOOOOF!

i had fun out the wazoo, that day! more to come, fo' sho'!

Friday, January 30, 2009 at 12:31:00 PM EST  
Blogger The Gadabout Knitter said...

WOOF!!! (dance)

Man, I'm terribly jealous! Glad you guys had a blast though!

Friday, January 30, 2009 at 1:42:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was an awesome trip. And now those orange socks are done!!

Friday, January 30, 2009 at 7:08:00 PM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I am so, so glad to have finally met you Karen! I'm glad you ran away for a day and chose to come to Chicago.

Your laugh is wonderful and your friends are delightful.

Friday, January 30, 2009 at 7:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

WOOF! I'm still sad I had to miss you guys, but I'm glad you had such a great day!!! (I can't imagine how tired all you roadtrippers were the next day!)

Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 12:26:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgive you!!!

Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 12:08:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were CUPCAKES? Now I'm even MORE sad I missed it!! I'm glad you all had such a good time though!

Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 4:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

That looks like SUCH a fun road trip!!!

Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 11:12:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home