Monday, February 16, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

The past week has been incredibly busy. This time of year, for secondary schools, is registration time for next years' classes. As a school counselor, right now I am making sure my 12th graders are going to graduate, and the next couple of weeks will be spent signing everyone else up for classes for next school year. Along with that, I have to make sure that every student assigned to me gets what he/she needs; be that honors classes, summer school, special education classes... and make sure that students repeat required classes they haven't passed. In addition, the other counselors and I are running to the junior high to give information to the 8th graders about 9th grade and what high school will be like! Add into that the college applications that are still pouring in to be sent out, and my work days are insane. Our principal moved some people out of cafeteria duty and put the counselors in the cafeteria, so now there's less time our offices to do the same job... but that's a whole different story.



Last week my very favorite yarn shop, Yarn Cravin', celebrated it's 2nd anniversary. Yes, Yarn Cravin' is TWO! That meant making some extra time in my week to be there a bit more than usual. Did I tell you that I took over maintaining the blog for the shop? Check out Insanknitty. I love blogging. Since I'm already there for knit night and sock club, I might as well take photos and update the blog, right? Anyway, last week there were extra activities at the shop, including surprising DaleAnn and Bobbie with a special gift from a whole bunch of knitters who chipped in together. Look!


Is that neon yarn ball awesome, or what?

Looks fabulous!

In knitting news, I've ripped back the cabled shawl to my error, re-knit, and am past where I was. Moving forward. Bill loves his felted coasters they are in use. I am thinking about making some more.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger becky c. said...

So glad you got pictures of the sign! It looks great.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 7:07:00 AM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

What a fabulous way to support and commemorate your friend!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 1:34:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home