Saturday, October 02, 2010

Productivity... sort of

The high today has been 52 so far. We decided it was a pot-roast-in-the-oven kind of day. The roast is nearly done. The potatoes have been peeled and are on the stove cooking. My whole house smells delicious! I wonder if College Grad will drop in for dinner like he did the other night. He's busy with law school, but I think he smells when dinner is ready...

Along with cooking, Mayhem and I even managed a trip to Yarn Cravin' to check out what's new and knit for a bit. I picked up some soft yarn to knit a hat or two for Dad - a black skein of Malabrigo Twist and a blue skein of Berocco Ultra Alpaca, which Mayhem chose.

I am wishing now that I had thought to whip out my camera while we were at the yarn shop because the big news is that Mayhem is knitting!! I promise photographic evidence soon, though. She is working on a scarf, garter stitch for now. I'm so excited about her knitting, finally. Keep your fingers crossed that she sticks with it!

After dinner, it's back to Dad's socks. I'm hoping to have them done by Monday, when my sister heads down to our hometown to spend a couple of days with our parents.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home