Friday, October 01, 2010

Blogtoberfest!

Hey everyone, long time no see! It would take me the entire month of October to update you on what has happened since I last blogged, but maybe that's what I should do during Blogtoberfest.
My goal during October is to blog every day.

I am still alive, as you can see by this photo taken in July... things kind of went to hell after that, though!
Niagara, July 2010

Computer time has been compromised lately because of shoulder issues and pain, and I've been going to physical therapy three times a week. Next week I get to have an MRI and see an orthopedic surgeon because my right shoulder, also my dominant side, is stuck. The PT thinks that it may be "frozen shoulder" or adhesive capsulitis. We'll see what the surgeon says. This pain, and reduced range of motion, has affected everything in my life - sleep, driving, dressing myself, showering, styling my hair, and even *gasp* knitting!

Rest assured, I am still knitting, albeit slowly. This is a shawl I knitted for a friend's birthday in August. If you haven't tried Malabrigo Twist yarn yet, get some!!! The pattern is Belmondo on Ravelry, and it's a free pattern.

Belmondo shawl

I'm currently working on a pair of wool socks for my dad, who is seriously ill. If you're so inclined, some prayers and/or good thoughts for him would be greatly appreciated. He really needs them.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger rohanknitter said...

What a great picture of you and Bill!! That shawl is really beautiful.

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 6:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jeanne said...

My prayers to your Dad, and to your shoulder. When you're going through a rough time, it's not fair to have knitting issues on top of it!

You and Bill are so cute together. Glad to see you so happy, and back to blogging. Oh. I should probably visit my blog sometime. It probably has cobwebs on it, or has withered away to nothing.

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 7:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger InkyOrchid said...

You and Bill look really happy! Glad to see you blogging again.

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 7:35:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Meliabella said...

Thinking and praying for you both. Beautiful shawl!

Friday, October 1, 2010 at 7:57:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home