Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Now Appearing On Stage...

Hey, is this thing on? Anyone out there? tap tap tap Ahem. Can you hear me?

After the 2nd snowiest winter on the record books, the northwest corner of Ohio has finally emerged from the grips of the snow that blanketed the earth for a good part January and February. It would take me too long to explain what had me in its grips all that time. Let me just say I was kind of buried, like my car.

Now, the sun is warming the earth, and life is springing forth. These crocuses are already finished blooming in my yard, and the daffodils are blooming. The trees have burst into new little green leaves, literally in the past three days, almost while watching them!

On President's Day, a holiday with no school, the kids and I ventured to the Toledo Zoo. We had to get out of the house, and they sported some hand-knits a la Mom. (There is still knitting happening!) Yes, my children are alive and well, and Absent-Minded Professor just recently let me know that he is as tall as I am! I promptly informed him I can still kick his rear end if need be!


In February, even without my thinking much of it, I added another year to my life's experiences. That called for a bit of a hair style change. I like it. Bill loves it. I think I'll keep it.


It's now spring break. Mayhem turned 11 years old on April Fools' Day. Yes, I tell her every year that the joke has been on ME ever since! As part of the celebration, we took the "little kids" (Bill's college boys are the "big kids") to The Henry Ford Museum. It was fantastic, and I wish I had thought to take Absent-Minded Professor when he was three or four and obsessed with Trains and Thomas the Tank Engine! We had to let Mayhem drive in this photo... it was her birthday, after all.


This week, even though the kids are with their dad, and I am on spring break, I have a crazy, busy week. Bill is finally moving in. We are cleaning, and rearranging. I am getting my taxes prepared. We're heading into the home stretch at school, which means I have to make sure all of my 12th graders have what they need to graduate!! Bill's oldest son will be graduating from college in mid-May and we are excited about that.


You wondering about my kniting, too? Yes, it's still happening. I have a whole 'nother post coming up about that. This year I decided at New Year's to dedicate the year to completing my UFO's... my Unfinished Objects. So far, since January One, I have not cast on for anything new! I know, I know, it's killing me. I certainly have not become a monogamous knitter, by any stretch of the imagination. I just can't stay with one knitting project only from start to end. All of the new patterns and designs and yarns coming out have been tempting and taunting me. Then there's fact that I have enough Dream in Color Classy in my stash to knit an entire February Lady Sweater!

If I have anyone that still peeks to see if I do blog, I have some posts lined up to show you what I have finished. I have a post to show you the eleventy-billion unfinished projects. Then I can show you what I've tossed into the time-out corner because of knitting errors that I made while adjusting to a crazy medication designed to help me with my migraines. It makes me incredibly scatter-brained. And before you make a smart-alecky comment, I'll say it for you: what's different about that from before?! hahahaha

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Liz said...

Since I have you on "bloglines" I'll always know when you have a new post. I have deleted some people recently, but not you-ever.

Love the new hair and looking forward to the knitting!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 9:55:00 AM EDT  
Blogger BeccaB said...

YAY for Bill and kids birthdays and spring and YOUR FACE! MWAH!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 10:34:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

Is that facial hair on the professor? Gah! Yay for co-habitation!!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at 10:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

You and yours look adorable. And very happy. Well deserved kind of happy.

Thursday, April 8, 2010 at 3:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger susan noethen said...

it has been that kind of winter here, too. glad to see things are moving along and you look great! good luck with that knitting thing, i hear ya!

Friday, April 9, 2010 at 7:56:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home