Monday, October 04, 2010

Instead of...

Instead of sitting through a political debate on television, I decided to leave the room to do my blogging for the day. Of course, now that I've left the room, I hear that Bill has changed the channel to a sit-com we regularly watch at 7:00PM. Go figure.

Dad's socks have been safely delivered to him and he loves them. He wasn't seeing them for the first time, mind you, but there's always a little (BIG!) thrill at receiving handknits. (I myself have only received two knitted items myself that I didn't make!) I worked on Dad's socks earlier in September when he was in the hospital having surgery, and he knew they were coming.

Instead of casting on a brand new pair of socks today, I dug out a pair that have been in progress for a while, and finished sock #1 of that pair early this evening. I really wanted to wind some yarn out of my stash and start a new pair! Remember back in January when I made the pledge to only work on UFO's this year? I have stuck to that! Other than Dad's socks, the shawl for my friend, and a couple of afghan squares for a swap I am participating in right now, I have not cast on new projects the entire year of 2010!

Instead of casting on new projects all year, I've worked on building my knitting book collection. I may have acquired another spinning wheel, too... a Schacht Ladybug.

New toy!  Ladybug spinning wheel

Isn't she gorgeous?! Unfortunately, it hurts to spin right now.

Instead of going back to bed after physical therapy this morning, I applied for two more jobs, and did the paperwork for my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll tell you about the afghan square swap.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Karen- If you're blogging about applying for jobs . . . what'd I miss?

Thinking of you. Sending love and hope for less pain and faster healing.

Monday, October 4, 2010 at 11:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger susan noethen said...

did you lose your job??

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 8:42:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home