Saturday, October 16, 2010

All Over The Place

The past few days I have been, quite literally, all over the place. Well, except for being on the internet, that is! My crazy life has continued to spiral out of control with the shit storm hitting my younger sister's house the worst this week. Her youngest son, age 8, was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes and is still in the hospital. I am not sure what else can rain down upon my family right now, but your continued prayers and positive energy are appreciated. Meanwhile, I spent part of this afternoon at the hospital with my dear little nephew and he is one of the bravest and most resilient little guys I know!

My dad has finished one week of radiation and will be starting chemo next week. He is in enormous pain, so much so that he has morphine at home. My kids have finally been fully apprised of their Opa's health situation, and Mayhem helped me choose yarn to knit hats. I started one today while working at the yarn shop. I thought that Utopia (Ravelry link) would look nice knitted up in the black Malabrigo Twist I have, so that's what I cast on today. Here's the progress so far:

DSC_0238
One cable repeat done.

I have realized that knitting does indeed aggravate my shoulder issues, so I have to limit just how much knitting I do each day. (Boooooo!) It also hurts to use the computer unless I camp out on the couch or put the computer in my lap. (What the heck??) I also realized that I am looking forward to having some resolution to my shoulder issues, even if it means having to have surgery. Now you know I'm desperate! I certainly don't know what I would do without Bill right now. He helps me so much with the kids, the dogs, the house and the yardwork.

In the midst of all the craziness and uncertainty that is my life, my trusty Nikon still goes everywhere, and I am still taking the time to find the beauty that surrounds me every day.

DSC_0233

DSC_0231

I hope you're making time to enjoy Fall and your loved ones!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger rohanknitter said...

Oh boy - I'm praying for you and yours....I hope some better news comes your way soon. I feel for you with your shoulder - it's hard when you can't do what you normally do and you know it's getting bad when you start looking forward to surgery. xxooxx

Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 3:32:00 AM EDT  
Blogger susan noethen said...

i am so sorry for all the trouble in your family right now. i'll hold you all close. and if i were close i would give you a huge hug.

Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 8:12:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home