Thursday, October 07, 2010

Thursdays are for TV!

OK, humor me. Bones. Grey's Anatomy. The Mentalist. And every other week my children aren't here to interrupt the shows with their incessant talking and commentaries. ;-) I do let them watch Bones, though.

As I've teased the past couple of days, I have a completed sock to show you... but just one. It's pretty, though! A gorgeous green dyed Creme de Menthe - a custom colorway for our sock of the month club at Yarn Cravin' by Yarn Love.

Isn't it pretty? Sock 2 is on the needles. Who knows how long it will take. Shall we take bets?

DSC_0215

Yesterday I had cortisone injections in BOTH shoulders - OWIE!!! Then, dummy me, didn't even think about the steriods, but I was up the entire night. Even with a sleeping pill, I didn't sleep. Anyone who has a kid on prednisone when their asthma is bad, knows what I mean about the steriod problems. Any surgical decisions will be decided the first week of November.

I did finish one novel, and read an entire other novel: "The Glass Walls," by Jeannette Wells, and the lastest Janet Evanovich speed-read, "Wicked Appetite." Finally between 5:30 and 6:00AM I fell alseep only to be woken with a blinding migraine at 8:00AM, requiring copious amounts of drugs in between bouts of having my head in the toilet.

Serendipity found me today, and I may have a lead on some knitting for money for a boutique here in town. Keep your fingers, legs and toes crossed, okay??

My love to those of you sending support!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jeanne B. said...

Beautiful socks.

Oh, cortisone shots, I know thee well (in my knee). The one I got made me nauseated for a whole day. Prednisone is not my friend, either. We won't talk about the bi-polar episode it gave me. No we won't. Nor the manic shopping spree at Meijer where I purchased about $100 worth of novelty yarn. On clearance. (I have extra if anyone wants some.)

Re: serendipity--I'm currently reading a fascinating book called "I See Your Dream Job" (Sue Frederick). It's about numerology and finding your mission in life. She proposes that when we are On Path, everything flows smoothly and all the resources needed to stay on path and thrive come our way effortlessly (like serendipity). When we're off Path, however, life turns itself inside out and upside down to clear out the obstacles standing between us and our Path. In other words, everything goes wrong. Including health issues, job loss, financial troubles, and so on.

I gotta wonder if your shoulder issues (among other things) will clear up once you start knitting for pay...

Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 12:36:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home