Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Which end is up?

Some days I don't know which end is up, whether I'm coming or going, and now, with switching back to Standard Time, I don't know if it's day or night. Nothing seems normal anymore, and I had to get my trusty Nikon out for some photos to help me put things back into perspective.

DSC_0230

This is normal. Bruno playing with his "flying squirrel." As you can see, he loves this toy. It flies, much like a frisbee, just not as far. The dog will fetch, and then "kill" by shaking it.

1108001704.jpg

And after play comes a nap. It is good to use your human as a pillow.

Normal? This is probably the last tree on my street with leaves on the branches. I'm thrilled that it's outside my fence, by the street, since Bill worked so hard to get all of the leaves done and put out by the road. Pretty, huh? What's not normal is that it has been in the upper 60's, and might reach 70 this week. DSC_0234


Hey! Get off my lawn!
DSC_0241

What's really not normal is the sudden loss of a dear friend this week. My age. Three kids and a wife. D.W. was a former co-worker who had the best smile and most infectious laugh. He could reach the most unreachable students, and would do anything to help out a friend. I wish peace and comfort to everyone who loves him. We lost someone very special here. D.W., my friend, my life is better for having had you in it, and your alter-ego, Maybelline, too, of course. You will be greatly missed.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Karen, I am so, so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to all who knew and loved DW, especially his wife and children. (((HUGS)))

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 at 8:58:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Melissa (meliabella) Sibley said...

Dear Karen,
I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I hope that you can take a little time for you this week. Even if it is just a walk or a cup of tea.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 at 8:48:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home