Monday, December 27, 2010

Believing in Christmas Wishes and Amazing Surprises

There was only thing I wanted this Christmas. I admit there were days it was hard to keep the faith, but the week before Christmas, Santa came into the yarn shop, and reminded me to keep on believing!

Santa at Yarn Cravin'!

Dad made it to Christmas and my wish was granted! His cancer is very aggressive, now in his liver along with the lung and bones. The day before my family gathered together, Mom told me his hair had begun to fall out, so I started a hat for him from Berocco Ultra Alpaca. (50% wool, 50% Alpaca). I finished it at the table while we visited that day. Dad immediately put it on!

DSC_0067

We had the opportunity to take some photos of Mom & Dad together,

Mom & Dad

and Mom and Dad with all of us sibs... we don't look alike, do we?

Sibs

I know these photos will be treasures and bring us comfort sometime very soon.

the little cousins together

All the "little" cousins were enjoying having the "grown-up" table to themselves!

As for surprises, well this beautiful man below, the love of my life, gave me an amazing surprise this Christmas. Bill pulled off an incredible surprise, which is not easy to do because I am nosey and I have incredible hearing!

DSC_0063

The gifts were all ready for when the kids woke up.

DSC_0081

Here's a photo of all my critter together. :-)

critters

The first gift I opened from Bill, was a plastic pail of sand with seashells and gift certificate to Margaritaville Key West, complete with palm tree bottle opener. "Cool," I thought, "I can order a shirt online," and Bill went and fetched two bottles of Land Shark from the fridge. At 8:3oAM.


clue one... Margaritaville Key West


Gift bag #2 had another plastic pail full of sand, with a shovel and shells... and I had to dig for treasure. A sealed metal spice canister held an incredible surprise... flight itinerary to Florida!!!!

flight itinerary

Sand pail number three really blew me away... See? The treasure I unearthed in the sand in that bucket had the itinerary for a Caribbean Cruise!!!!! Miami to Key West to Cozumel!!

stunned... cruise itinerary

Bill even had an ornament made to commemorate the occasion.

DSC_0118

Think about how hard it is to find beach toys in Toledo in December!!! <3

treasure hunt for cruise clues

Bill even made sure my precious baby Bruno (and Coco, too!) will be taken care of while we are gone.

Bruno!

Once my kids left for their Dad's, we prepared for Christmas day with Bill's boys. My two big sons surprised me with a gift certificate to Yarn Cravin', my very favorite yarn shop. I sent the entire red velvet cake (made from scratch!) home with them.

Christmas miracles happen. You just have to believe.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Meliabella said...

Sweetheart, this post made me CRY!!! I am so happy for you!!! I cannot wait to hear all about your trip! You deserve it and so much more. Thinking good thoughts <3

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 8:55:00 AM EST  
Blogger Ejly said...

:) Lovely holiday!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 9:52:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Brad Fallon said...

I am so happy for you! Have fun in your Caribbean Cruise!

Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 7:30:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home