Saturday, May 23, 2009

Plans... Interrupted

Saturday morning, today, dawned sunny and warm, and I had a plan. I was going to pull weeds like a madwoman and then sit outside and knit to my hearts' content until late afternoon. It's Memorial Day Weekend, after all.

The little people at my house, however had other plans. It started with the phone ringing non-stop and the words, "Mom can you take me to..." repeatedly. My plans went out the window and I proceeded to shower, put on clean clothes, and drive my children all over God's green earth. One packed up clothes, swimsuit and towel and was dropped off to spend the night at a friend's. The other was transported to a video game store to trade in one old game and buy a new game. Unfortunately, that store didn't have the needed new game, so off we went to a different part of town to find the "absolutely must have today, Mom!" game. You know, the kind that is so urgent that he would die if he didn't have it.

I had hoped to share neat flower bed with newly planted flowers with all of you. I can entertain you with this, however. It's the most unflattering photo of me ever taken, and I'm only sharing it for two reasons. First, it documents my career flexiblity and the fact that I may have the option of working as a clown if my illnesses cause me to be canned from my current job. Second, the hair is gonna go. Next Saturday I have an appointment to drastically change the hairdo. That hair has not been cut in two years. (Thanks, Mary, for the lovely portrait of me!) Put down any drink you may be consuming. I'm not responsible for your computer.


Here is proof that I am knitting still. Look! It's on two circulars, even! The pattern is Eleanor, and it's free on Ravelry. You just have to join. The yarn is a custom dye for our sock of the month club by Sarah at Perfect Day Yarns. (Look her up, I'm too lazy to link today. Sorry.)


Hope the knitting is good in your corner of the world.

MAKE TIME TO REMEMBER OUR VETERANS AND FLY THE FLAG THIS WEEKEND!!!


World War II Memorial, Washington, D.C. 2008

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Karen, I know how you feel about the photo. A friend of mine posted a picture of me balancing a spoon on my nose; similar open-mouthed pose.

Kind of fun-loving and adorable :o)

Friday, June 5, 2009 at 8:00:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home