My friend Eva
recently tagged me on her blog to write about Six Things That Make Me Happy. What better time than right now, when I feel like the whole world is falling in on me? (It will pass, don't worry.)
1. Love. Love makes me happy. I am fortunate to have found the love of my life, my soul mate, my other half, the Yin to my Yang, the person who completes me. I know how rare that is, especially since this is not the person I spent 19 years married to already!
2. My kids, and their intelligence and their resilience and humor. (Is that one thing?) Really. My kids amaze me, even when I threaten to find out how much it would cost to ship them to Tibet in a refrigerator box with no air holes.
3. Knitting makes me happy. No matter how crappy my day has been, I can pick up needles and yarn and the soothing motion lulls me into a better mood. At the end, the symphony of sticks and string produce a beautiful fabric; durable, warm and useful. I have made the best friends through knitting, and found the best yarn shop too, Yarn Cravin'
4. Technology makes me happy. The internet and sites like Ravelry
for knitters and other fiber addicts, allow for sharing info and ideas, and make the world smaller.
5. Having a new President makes me happy! I'm so excited to be a part of this historic change in our country. In June I'm taking the 7th graders to Washington, D.C. again, and I'm more excited about this trip than any other.
6. Coffee. Seriously. Good coffee makes me happy. Strong, black, very hot coffee makes me delirously happy, particularly if it is delivered to me before I even have to get out of bed in the morning.
So, having read this, you're it. I won't tag specific people. Just go forth and blog about what makes you happy. Six things. And let the person you got it from know you have completed the mission.
Here was the original task:
Link to the person who gave you the award. If you want.
Post these suggestions on your blog.
List six things that make you happy.
Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
Let the person who awarded you know when your entry is up.